Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Books, books, and more books!

I've been enjoying quite a few really good books recently and thought I'd share some of them with you.  I highly recommend reading, "Heaven is For Real".  It's an easy read and one you won't want to put down once you get past the first few chapters.  What an incredible, real-life story of a little boy's experience in heaven during a near death encounter.  This book brings hope.  It made me more excited for my heavenly future and brought a more eternal mindset to my thinking than I had before I read it.  It really was a sweet and refreshing book to read!


Heaven Is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back  -     
        By: Todd Burpo, Lynn Vincent

In contrast, I'm currently reading Stephan Manfield's book, "Where Has Oprah Taken Us?", which has been a much deeper, more thought provoking, intellectual read.  I am very much enjoying it and the perspective the author has given so far.  I believe this book would be interesting to any Christian Oprah fan (as I am one).  Perhaps you were like me and had to stop watching the Oprah Show for a few years because her new found "spiritaulity", which became the main topic of many of her shows, were absolutely driving you nuts!  Well, this book explores her life and how her beliefs have evolved over the course of her life so far.  I am only in the middle of this book at the moment, so I don't have much more to say about it, but I am finding it very interesting.  I'd love to hear your opinions on either of these books.  If you have read them tell me your thoughts!  :)

Where Has Oprah Taken Us?   -     
        By: Stephen Mansfield

I'm dying to dive into a good novel these days as well.  Perhaps I will join all the hype about "The Hunger Games" trilogy!  I've heard from numerous people how much they have loved these books - moms, my tween niece, and even a few ladies from the "older" generations.  I'll keep you posted about it.  I would love to read the books before I see the movie.  It's always better that way!  ;)

The Hunger Games

No comments:

Post a Comment