Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Flowers here and there...

It's no secret that I'm not much of a gardener.  Mainly because I've never had the opportunity to garden until now because of becoming a home owner.  Immediately after buying our house I began imagining the beautiful flower gardens in the front yard, and even a patch of earth in the backyard for a vegetable garden, that I would plant this spring and summer.  And then reality sunk in.  With two young toddlers at home to take care of all day long, this stay at home mom would have to wait another year or two for my gardening aspirations to begin!  :)  A little sad that my time for gardening hasn't yet quite arrived, I realized that it's something for me to ease into anyway.  Having never gardened in my life, this is a whole new world for me and I have a lot to learn.  Thank goodness for all the information that can be found on the internet!

So, I started small.  Steve gave me a hanging flower plant on Mother's Day for our front porch, which is beautiful and unlike any other I've ever seen.  The women's group I go to from church helped out too because at the last meeting of the year they gave all of us a couple of flowers to plant.  Then there are the flowers that were already here when we moved in; a beautiful, white rose bush as well as some other plants/flowers that I haven't yet figured out what they are.  One of which I didn't get a photo of because just as quickly as the flowers bloomed, they also disappeared just as fast.  And what a shame because these flowers were magnificent!  Of course, we have some wild flowers as well, back in the woods.  Last, but not least, I decided I atleast needed to grow some tomatoes in honor of  
the veggie garden that had to wait.  Instead of planting my tomato plant in a traditional way (ie: the ground or in a pot), I bought a Topsy Turvey upside down planter.  It's an experiment and it will be fun to see if it actually works!

So, there you have it.  Click on the link below to have yourself a look at some of the flowers I've been trying to keep alive!  I must say that I really do love nature and watching these flowers grow is bringing me so much pleasure.  :)

https://picasaweb.google.com/109422547282724009386/Flowers?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKnHuc2_kJCo1QE&feat=directlink

No comments:

Post a Comment