Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Growing Like Weeds


The kids are growing like weeds, so I figured you'd all enjoy some more pictures of my little munchkins!  Benjamin is growing into the "Big Brother" role already, even at his very young age.  Last week at church the nursery workers told us that he was continually monitoring Grace and the other babies, letting them know if one of the babies was wandering off or needed some attention!  I was pleased to hear this, but not too surprised as he is constantly concerned about Grace and what she's doing all day long.  He's very sweet.  It amazes me how he pays attention to every little detail that transpires around the house - I mean nothing gets past this kid!  He's absorbing everything and with his little eyes almost always glued to me, it challenges me in a positive way, to keep a good attitude and a happy face.  If he hears me sigh or sees me roll my eyes, he's right there learning to do the same thing.....  I have to admit though, that when he shrugs his shoulders it's pretty darn cute!   =)

Grace on the other hand is as sweet as ever!  She continues to be such a happy, pleasant baby and adores her Big Brother Benjamin.  Every morning when she wakes up and every evening when she goes to bed Benjamin is right there giving her hugs and kisses, which in turn makes her smile from ear to ear.   One day I took Grace with me and we were gone most of the day while Benjamin and Steve stuck together.  When Grace and I came home, Benjamin was beside himself - he went crazy over Grace!  He kept talking and waving to her, smiling and kissing her with such enthusiasm.  It was a super sweet moment to see just how much he missed her, as that had been the longest they had ever been apart.

Benjamin will turn 2 years old next month and Grace will be 7 months old in a couple of days.  I was hoping Grace wouldn't hit certain milestones like crawling and walking as early as Benjamin did, but I don't think I'm going to get my wish!  She is almost crawling, which means she is advancing even quicker than Benjamin, but I guess she just wants to keep up with her big brother!  Gracie, the active little girl that she is: is sitting on her own, wiggling all over the floor, scooching both backwards and forwards while on her tummy, up on all fours and lunging forward, and also puts herself up to a sitting position from being on her tummy - ALL ON HER OWN!  I honestly can't believe it.  Next on my "To-Do List" is to get my house baby proofed for crawling again!

All three of us are enjoying our daily walks in the stroller together, sometimes twice a day.  We are loving the warm weather and just can't stop soaking up the beautiful outdoors!  It's been just great.  I'm enjoying every moment with my sweet little babies.  Their innocent giggles and sloppy kisses melt my heart daily.  I do however miss Benjamin's adorable curls.......you will notice in the pictures that Benjamin now looks like a mini-Marine!  Steve was "trimming" his hair a few days ago, when the clippers broke and the only choice was to give Benjamin a major buzz cut.  I wasn't too thrilled about it, but it's just hair and it will grow back.......  However, with his new do Benjamin does look even more like Steve and that's also pretty darn cute, if I say so myself!  :)

***And by the way, I've finished the Dugger Family book already and it really was encouraging and inspiring to me.  I don't think that having 20 kids is in our future, but I really admire them and their calling, and I sure do look forward to having more kids.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment