Friday, May 27, 2011

Farewell Oprah

Saying good-bye to the "Queen" of television on Wednesday was a sad day for me.  Yes, I cried.  Save your laughing and judging to those of you who just rolled your eyes as you read that first sentences!  Surely you can understand the influence she has had in my life just as she does in so many others.  I am one of the millions out there who litereally grew up with her.  Watching her nearly everyday after school beginning at a very young age (7 years old I think).  She was always a constant in my life even when I lived abroad in Europe and South Africa.  When homesick numerous times for the good ol' US of A, I always felt a little bit better after watching an Oprah show. 

Obviously she is a remarkable woman who has made this world a better and kinder place in my opinion.  I don't agree with her on everything....  We are quite opposite in our political views and her Universalism mindset really gets under my skin!  But I love her and I will miss tuning in to her show everyday.  I was so relieved on Thursday afternoon when I turned on the television at 4pm to watch her show (a habit that would be very hard to break), not knowing what would be on in it's place and when a repeat of The Oprah Winfrey Show came on, I let out a huge sigh of relief!  Phew - I can still get my Oprah fix!  Hallelujah!  I think I'm gonna be okay.   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment