Tuesday, May 3, 2011

To The Man I Love

From the moment we met, 3 years ago, it seems like the fast-forward button has been pushed and is still going!  We dove head first into life together and it seems to just get crazier and go by faster with each passing day.   I never knew so much could happen in such a short amount of time!  Truly! 

Lately, I find myself thinking back to our "earlier years."  Life was so much easier, less demanding and more carefree.  There was so much more "us" time to savor.  Looking back, I'm so thankful we daily relished in each other's company.  It was rare that we didn't spend every waking moment with each other. No doubt, there were people who thought we were unbalanced because of it.  But deep down, we both knew we were on the fast track to parenthood (the wonderful blessing and gift that it is) and that our quiet and relaxing days would quickly disappear altogether!

Honey, you are the man I love.  I adore you just as much, actually even more, than I did back then.  I  know it might not always seems that way, especially lately .....  No doubt, when you look in my eyes now, all you see is exhaustion, frustration and temporary insanity!  =)  Instead of the big, doe eyes you fell in love with you find big, dark bags under tired eyes!  I'm no longer your always "cool as a cucumber" wife, but have morphed into your "hot as a pepper" wife!

But babe, you are my teammate, on the same team, and even though I've seemed to forgotten that lately, I want you to know that I need you and appreciate you.  And I always will.  You are the man I love.  This is to you MB. 

HB

1 comment:

  1. And you are the one I love too! My "hot-as-a-pepper" wife, haha!!

    ReplyDelete