Monday, April 2, 2012

A money saving tip!

Tipnuts Homemade Laundry Detergent


Maybe you're like me and love finding easy ways to save BIG money!  Here's an idea for you of something I've been doing for ove a year now and believe me - you will save a ton of money!  I make my own laundry detergent and not only is it really easy and cheap, it works great.  If you also want to give it a try just go to the link below and you'll lots of different recipe ideas to try.  I use Recipe #4 whic his a powdered detergent.  I prefer using Ivory as my bar soap because I like the smell.  You can buy all the ingredients at Walmart for super cheap and I prefer to double the recipe so that it will last me longer.  When I double it it seems to last me around 6 months!  I've discovered along the way that buying a good quality dryer sheet (I use Snuggle) will help to give your laundry that wonderful, clean smell that we all love.  The biggest complaint about homemade laundry detergents seems to be the lack of smelling fresh and clean (even though your clothes are prefectly clean with these ingredients), so using a dryer sheet will give you that smell!  Also, I have two little kids and use this detergent on thier clothes and they have not had any issues with it as far as allergies or sensitivities go.  Let me know if you decide to try one of these recipes out.  I'm still experimenting with homemade dishwashing machine detergent, I will keep you posted!

http://tipnut.com/10-homemade-laundry-soap-detergent-recipes/

No comments:

Post a Comment